Please note, if you choose to combine this fibre with a fibre club parcel you may not receive your fibre before the start of the Tour.
This fibre is already dyed and ready to send out. I will be adding further batches to the shop over the next couple of weeks.
Every single braid is subtly different.
Hand Dyed on Cambrian Wool (Welsh x BFL). This year we're paying homage to the first Welsh winner (Geraint Thomas) of last years tour by using Welsh wool, dyed in the colours of the Welsh flag and the yellow jersey zooming through the French countryside.
This year our team fibre also has a charitable component. Qhubeka is an African based charity who provide bikes to people in rural communities. This lets children go to school more easily, people transport their goods to market, and allows healthcare workers to reach vulnerable communities. To provide a bike through the charity costs £160. I'll be donating £1.50 from every dyed braid.
- A child’s commute time to school is reduced by up to 75% with a bicycle
- A bicycle increases a person’s carrying capacity by five times
- Healthcare workers can visit more than double the amount of patients per day with a bicycle
- Marks improve by an average of 25% for children who ride a bicycle to school
- Schools where children ride bicycles see attendance rates rise by 18% on average
If you want to match my donation, then you can do so here.