14.5 micron Ultrafine Merino.
The wool comes from non-mulsed sheep, and is dyed in Italy to Okeo-Tex 100 certification.
The same fibres I used in the Team Swap, but now available for anyone to purchase in 50g (1.7oz) quantities.
This year our team fibre also has a charitable component. Qhubeka is an African based charity who provide bikes to people in rural communities. This lets children go to school more easily, people transport their goods to market, and allows healthcare workers to reach vulnerable communities. To provide a bike through the charity costs £160. I'll be donating 25p from every 50g sold between now and the end pf the Tour de Fleece. It would be great if we could sponsor a Team Hilltop Cloud bike!
- More than 80,000 bikes have been distributed by Qhubeka since 2005
- A child’s commute time to school is reduced by up to 75% with a bicycle
- A bicycle increases a person’s carrying capacity by five times
- Healthcare workers can visit more than double the amount of patients per day with a bicycle
- Marks improve by an average of 25% for children who ride a bicycle to school
- Schools where children ride bicycles see attendance rates rise by 18% on average
If you want to match my donation, then you can do so here.